Friday, July 20, 2007

If I Were to Run, This Would be My Campaign Song

What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love and Understanding

I won't be using the Nick Lowe or Costello versions (which I also love). I'm going with the ass-kicking loud and pissed off Steve Earle version.

Why that version? Two reasons:

  1. I know it would cause people like my previous Greenie Award winner to be so busy blogging themselves silly about the controversial choice they won't notice how badly I would be kicking the ass of their candidate in the polls.
  2. More importantly, I like the defiant feel this version gives to the lyrics. I've had it with people equating "democrat" with "wuss". No more. The gloves are off and all you whiners are being called out. If it's a fight you want, you've got it.
I'm done being a politician, I think I'll just be a leader now.
As I walk through
This wicked world
Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I ask myself
Is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
There's one thing I wanna know:
What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?

The time of ridiculing those who want a better world for ourselves and future generations is over. I've had enough.

No comments: