Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Woke Up This Morning...

...and laughed hysterically. The latest scandal they are trying to dig up on me is that... GASP ...I wanted to get a screener of the Sopranos finale. ROTFLMAO. I'd say it's a good sign for me that this is the best they can do right now. Here's how Fox "News" covered this "story":

"Former Vice President Al Gore hasn’t stopped believing he can get special favors for being a political figure."

"Gore, a die-hard fan of the show, and his wife, Tipper, were scheduled to be on a plane for an appearance in Istanbul when the episode was aired, so they petitioned Grey for a copy."
Oooooh. Sinister. Some (by some I mean "sane") people might say that I was a fan and simply made a phone call to see if I could get a copy. Others (see quote above) waste bandwidth trudging up nonsense to pander to their rabid fan base. To each his own.

Here's how the Times article (registration required) covered it:
"So Mr. Gore, now better known as the star of “An Inconvenient Truth” than as the former vice president of the United States, called Brad Grey, the chairman of Paramount whose studio distributed his documentary, for a favor.

After the tale of Mr. Gore’s special delivery made the rounds of Hollywood political circles, the Republican candidate Rudolph W. Giuliani called Mr. Grey, a longtime friend, to complain. Why didn’t he get a special “Sopranos” delivery, too?"
Notice any difference? First, there is no attempt to make this into anything more than the gossipy waste of ink that it is. Next they conveniently "forgot" about the part where Big Rudy "petitioned" for a copy as well. I guess it's cool for him to do it since I asked first. Must be opposite day in the land of fair and balanced news.

No comments: