Monday, July 2, 2007

That Darn Liberal Media

One of my favorite myths is that of the all powerful liberal media and the influence of Hollywood. Let's look at this guy's latest "me too" entry into that arena that again beats a long dead horse:

"Why has the media decided that U.S. has lost the war in Iraq?

Because a Republican is in power. And not just any Republican, George W. Bush — who stole the 2000 election from its rightful winner, even after the media declared Gore the victor; and then went on to win re-election in 2004 despite the press telling us that he had no political support in the country."
Do all of these people go into hibernation when Democrats are in office? Seriously, I have to put up with all the same nonsense as any other powerful person. Yet somehow I still have to listen to these people tell me I get a free ride from the media I supposedly carry in my pocket? With friends like the "liberal media" who needs enemies?

To this day I still have to put up with people regurgitating the nonsense about my supposed claim of "inventing the internet." Thanks for putting that one to bed liberal media! You guys are so awesome, and I'm glad you don't just live in the imagination of a whiny oversensitive faction of people who possess incredibly selective memories.

No comments: