Thursday, July 5, 2007

Please, Liberal Media, Stop Helping

If I am supposed to get by with a little help from my friends I am totally screwed. It seems Gary McChuckles filed a story with the AP (bastion of the evil liberal media) that makes me believe he is paid per pun rather than per word.

Seriously, liberal media, stop helping me if this is the best you can do.

Let's start with the headline.

"Gore's son in joint after drug bust"
Mmmmm. Pun-a-licious. Joint, get it? He's saying one thing while meaning another. You're a sly one McChuckles.

It gets better.

"Talk about going green!"

Zing! See what he did there? They should totally have embedded some schecky horn or rimshot audio to go along with this story. How has Lorne Michaels not snapped this guy up? You go, McChuckles. You're on fire.

But wait, there's more! I know, I know how could there possibly be more? Such genius already laid bare for all the world to see. Clearly this is the greatest comedic mind of our time.

"The deputies said they smelled pot smoke - a potential greenhouse gas - and searched the car."
Look out David Sedaris, your reign as the king of dry wit and subtlety is officially under siege. Gary McChuckles is coming for you.

McChuckes then trots out the old chestnut about my home in Tennessee as the encore to his tour de force of schtick. Snopes already cleaned up the mess about my home/office here.

No comments: